Busy Bears Recreation Program: Playschool & After-School Care
presented by the BV Parents Group, Inc.
We provide a daycare, pre-school and afterschool recreational programs for children ages 3 months-10 years. Born from a need to provide care to local working families, Busy Bears Playschool serves, first and foremost, families who live and/or work in the Bear Valley community. The staff of Busy Bears Playschool (BBP) is dedicated to providing the caring attention your child needs.
Philosophy, Goals and Objectives
Our philosophy is based on the following principles of child development:
- Teaching young children involves facilitating their growth by challenging them with experiences that are developmentally-appropriate
- Children develop personal identities by being celebrated as individuals with unique personalities, abilities, interests and heritages.
- Children build self-esteem and self-confidence by realizing they are worthy of being loved and are capable of personal achievements.
- Children learn cognitive, social, emotional and physical-motor skills through play with others within a well-structured, safe and nurturing environment.
- Children build open-minded and anti-biased perspectives in environments that are inclusive and that deal with our differences and similarities honestly and openly.
Our teachers are caring professionals who are dedicated to giving your child the love and guidance they need. They have been trained in CPR, as mandated reporters and have undergone a fingerprint background check through the county and are hired and employed by the BVPG board.
Busy Bears Playschool, the infant and preschool program, is license-exempt recreation program with limited hours of attendance, but we make every effort to operate according to Title 22 standards. Therefore, we maintain a ratio or 1:4 for infants (3-18 months), 1:6 for toddlers (18 months-30 months) and 1:12 for preschoolers (30 months-5 years).
For questions or enrollment, please contact Melissa Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tinkergarten in Bear Valley!
Now the youngest member of the family have an opportunity to experience a camp-like experience in Bear Valley!
In each session of our summer series, Tinkergarten Leader, Jennifer, will facilitate a different expert-designed play lesson, welcoming children of various ages and needs to explore, problem solve, communicate, collaborate, and create together. All of our summer play lessons are inspired by a single play theme—Camping!
Parents and caregivers will also learn about how children develop through play and how to support play at home.
The Tinkergarten program progresses to meet each child’s needs, season after season. This Summer, the curriculum for 18 months-8 years will support kids in developing a range of cognitive, social/emotional and physical skills, which every lesson will put special emphasis on our season’s focus skill—Communication.
Come join us outdoors to connect and learn through play this summer!
July 11 – 26 (Thursdays & Fridays): 9:45 – 11am
Cost is $105 per student for 6 sessions (30% discount for each additional sibling)
Register online at tinkergarten.com/classes