Now Hiring for Summer 2020!
Our counselors are are the heart and soul of camp. They lead games, teach outdoor skills, mentor, and encourage personal growth for each camper. Counselors spend a week of intensive training before camp begins. This training includes CPR/First aid certifications, emergency protocols, local area knowledge, a variety games and activities, as well as strategies for working with kids to maintain a fun and safe environment.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic applicants for summer 2020 counselor positions. Part-time and full-time positions available. Counselors are responsible for overseeing care of children who participate in summer activities ranging from hiking to kayaking to rock climbing and beyond.
– Attend a mandatory counselor training week June 8 – 12.
– Be available for part- or full-time work June 15 through August 7.
– Be available to participate in evening trainings occasionally throughout camp.
– Be committed to working as a proactive, contributing member of a dynamic team under the Camp Director.
– Experience in outdoor education and/or previous work with children; willingness to learn new outdoor skills and share skills in which you already excel.
– Help to create a supportive, fun environment with a focus on each child attendee.
– Follow safety protocols designed to make day camp a successful experience.
– Have fun and enjoy your stunning Sierra surroundings!
Please email a resume and cover letter including your experience working with youth and your personal interests or favorite activities that you would like to bring to the program. Send to the Camp Director at email@example.com